Hey! Jeff here, and I’ve got a mindset shifter for you that is a real eye-opener.
It’s something a lot of coaches don’t want to talk about — and it’s all about how sometimes, working toward your goals can be hard.
But this shift can make ALL the difference, so you’ll want to pay close attention…
OK, so let’s start with a common scene:
Let’s say you are in the middle of a workout and it starts to get challenging.
What do you do? Do you …
- Say, “Well, I’m done – I guess I’ve reached my limit today,” and then stop?
- Ask yourself, “Why is this always so hard for me? I’m in terrible shape. Why do I even try?”?
- Or … do you tell yourself, “Bring it ON. This is where I SHINE and when it counts the most!”
Here’s another common situation:
Let’s say over the past few days, you’ve been swapping out your not-so-healthy snacks with healthier choices.
Suddenly you are hit with a MAJOR craving for cookies — but you’re not even that hungry. What do you do?
Do you …
- Say, “I’m just going to eat the cookies anyway because life is short and who cares.”?
- Do you ask yourself, “Why does this always happen to me? There must be something wrong with me to get all of these cravings.”?
- Or … do you tell yourself, “I’ve got this! This is a chance to show my old cookie habit who the REAL boss is around here!”
Here’s a sneaky secret about both of those situations that very few coaches are willing to talk about.
Making changes — even healthy changes — can be HARD sometimes.
It’s because you’re moving out of your comfort zone … which is a VERY good thing!
And you’ve probably heard that old saying that REAL CHANGE begins at the end of your comfort zone.
It’s a sign you’re making REAL progress.
Not just physically, but also mentally.
And things WILL get easier. And easier. And easier.
And soon you won’t even have to think about it … because it’ll become a HABIT.
The whole key is to listen to your self-talk … redirect it … and get EXCITED about the changes you’re making.
And the beauty of working with us at MaxStrength Fitness is that when that negative self-talk creeps in during your exercise when shitaki hits the fan, we are here to ensure we keep you calm and in the running to get the most out of your workout in the most efficient, effective and safest manner possible.
Not a current client, no worries…
You can request your initial workout at maxstrengthfitness.com and we’ll help you become the strongest version of yourself in only 20 minutes twice a week without breaking a sweat!
Until next time, be strong, eat clean, get excited about the changes you’re making, and live well!